Regardless of whether you are interested in feeding a fixed amount of material or if your process requires constant flow, we have a solution for you. Vibrating feeders operating in loss-in-weight mode are an interesting solution in the flow range 0,1 ÷ 1000 [l/h].
The first step is to define material parameters, such as: grain size, bulk density, moisture, bulk angle and the required portion in the desired time interval or the required mass flow. Thanks to the information received from you, depending on the kind of material, we select the type of feeder.
Vibrating feeders are an ideal solution to the problem of abrasive materials, in the form of granules and coarse powders, and brittle, such as flakes and fibres (also glass). Perfect for free-flowing materials, in any industry – even food, chemical and pharmaceutical. Thanks to the absence of moving parts, there is no risk that the brittle material may be destroyed during dosing.
The DVC model is a gravimetric vibrating feeder with feedback in the form of a scale. It is used to quickly and accurately feed well-flowing loose material, flakes and pellets. Thanks to lack of moving parts, there is no risk that brittle material will be destroyed during feeding. A conical funnel, which guarantees even discharge during dosing, acts as a hopper. Electromagnetic vibrating drive with feedback effectively carries out dosing and allows to determine resonance frequency. The scale is based on single C3-class load cell made of stainless steel or aluminium with IP66 protection class. The modular structure enables easy disassembly in order to clean the device. The device has a cover equipped with spigots used for filling and ventilation.
- abrasive materials in the form of granules and coarse powders, as well as brittle materials such as flakes and fibers (including glass).
- feed rate from 0,1 to 1000 [l/h],
- accuracy of feeding with a maximum error below 0.5%,
- no moving parts,
- 230 [V] AC, 50 [Hz] electromagnetic drive,
- total extension hooper capacities from 15 to 90 [l],
- easy disassembly,
- elements in contact with the material made of stainless steel 1.4301 (AISI304) or 1.4404 (AISI316L), the other powder painted (optionally in hygienic version also polished stainless steel, ground welds),
- for automatic and manual refilling,
- execution of elements in contact with the material: glass granules or polishing,
- ability to work as a separate device or in mixing lines, also as part of packaging systems.
How does it work?
Loss in weight feeders (LIW = „loss-in-weight”) operate on a continuous measurement of the weight of the entire dosing unit with the material, placed on the strain gauges. The weighted assembly is flexibly connected to the hopper equipment and the discharge pipeline to eliminate external forces. During feeding, either continuously or in batch, the loss of mass from the device is measured and the mass flow of the material determined on this basis. The PID controller used in the system controls the dosing speed depending on the required flow. When the amount of material decreases in the hopper, it is topped up without interrupting dosing. During this time, the feeder goes into the volumetric mode, i.e. supplies material with the speed just before filling the tank. After filling back, the gravimetric mode is restored. The advantages of static balance are used here in continuous dosing with a screw or vibratory feeder.